Tuesday, November 26, 2013

New House Woes

We recently moved from a 1,200 sq. foot home to a 2,500 sq. foot home.

It's like this house was actually built for 6 people!

In our old house, there was one tiny, iddy biddy little linen closet.  I think it was meant for an old man to store his stamp collection.  

Here, we have two HUGE linen closets that I couldn't fill up even if I tried.  No, really.  I put my craft stuff in our linen closet in our gi-gahugic bathroom (that IS a word...in the Kelly Dictionary) and I still have 3 empty shelves.

In our old house, I could tell where the kids were at all times standing anywhere in the house.  

Here, they have closets to hide in, a back yard to play in, neighbors to run away to and their own bedrooms. 

In our old house,  we had 2 kitchen cabinets.  Ok, slight exaggeration.  We had 3.  

Here...I have several that are still going unused.

Now, you would think I would be thrilled, and I am, over the top thrilled.  But, change for most people is tough.  This change has been weird for me.

For example, our bedroom.  The light is all off.  I'm used to our little bed lamp lighting up the entire room that was painted in a soft, light sea-foam green.  We could steam up our tiny bathroom just by washing our hands in hot water.  

Our new room is ginormous.  We could quite literally put our entire living room set in here, along with our bedroom set, and be quite comfortable (ironically, every man that went on the tour of house said as much.  Every MAN, mind you, not woman.  So I guess it's a mans dream to have a living room set in their bedroom.  Who knew?)

Don't get me started on the stairs...actually, the stairs haven't been too bad.  Kians a fast learner and can go up and down those things like a little tiny stair-pro.

We have a play room upstairs now.  An office downstairs.  A separate dining room.  Gone are the days of the formal/living/playroom/office all bundled up in one huge room where we could always be together. 

I guess I just miss the closeness.  It's nice to spread out, to breathe a little.  But...well...my kids are only little for so long, ya know?  And sure our old home was like living in a sardine can, but now I feel like I hardly see the kids, even when we're in the same house.  

I know I'll get used to it.  

And probably wonder how we ever lived without it.

But in the meantime, my kids are just going to have to get used to me sneaking into their beds and night and snuggling them. Fodder for their future therapy sessions.  

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness! I LOVE your beautiful new house! Looks amazing! Good to hear from you again...in this sense of the word, I guess! Glad you're all alive and well! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

You May Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...